Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Our Chickens

Chickens scratching around in the compost.
Sorry it's blurring. =(
When we got the thirteen chicks, Daddy came up with these names :
Anabelle
Beatrice
Camille
Daisy
Ethyl
Frieda
Gertie
Henrietta
Imogene
Jane
Kittie
Laverne
Maggie
Well, when they were still small, I couldn't tell which chicken was which so most of them didn't get a definite name. But there was one a little lighter and fatter than the others, so I named her Gertie.
It turned out the Gertie is a boy, so I shortened it to the German boy name Gerd.
This is the other rooster and since Gerd is a German name, I call him Hans. (It's not exactly a chicken name, but oh well!=)

7 comments:

Victoria said...

What is a Chicken name?
Hehe!

Sarah said...

Nice Ruby, nice! ;-)

Laura Earl said...

Nice :-P. I hadn't heard those names yet, but I say they're just fine!

Krissy said...

Great names. Hope to see you tomorrow and Saturday!

Hannah Criss said...

I don't know. Hans just didn't sound chickenish enough.=)

~Susi

Jon Criss said...

Very funny :)

Gerd and Hans are getting close to being dinner!

Krissy said...

I think Gerd and Hans are good names. Yes, will you be roasting them?