Thursday, May 10, 2012

CH Home School Conference

I know...it's been two weeks today since the first day of the conference and most of you have probably forgotten it. But, posting this has been on my to-do list for a while and I can't leave one box empty on my list.

So, here are some of my highlights...

-Spending time with great friends - the Van Cleves, Susanna Cash, Bryans, Hainlines, Booys, and many others!
-Having a "Jamba Juice date" with Krissy, even though it only last about fifteen minutes.
-Meeting Allen Wolfe, S.M. Davis (I didn't officially meet him, like "Hi, My name's Susanna", but I did help him, his wife, and grandson take down their booth in the vendor hall), Diego Rodriguez's wife and daughters, Steve Riddle, and Ryan Yamane. I almost had my picture taken with Voddie Baucham (that was NOT my idea =P), but he left just as we were getting close to him. =)
-Diago Rodriguez's message "Astronomy in the Bible". I wasn't able to go to the "How Big is God" session, but we bought the DVD and watched that Sunday afternoon. It was amazing!
-Singing in the Choral
-Fainting Saturday night (it's the one thing that I will remember most about this conference.=)

4 comments:

Kris said...

-Definitely enjoyed having that Jaumba Juice with you! That was one of my highlights too. And spending lots of time talking. :-P
-I got to meet S.M. Davis and his grandson.
-The appreciation dinner.
-Watching the Choral was exciting; you really get the full effect when you aren't singing with the group.
-Browsing through books. Taking pictures.
-Diego Rodrigaz's message on "How Big is God" was my favorite message. (And meeting one of his daughters was fun.)

You weren't feeling too good after that experience, but you recovered quickly. :-)

Emily said...

WAIT- You actually fainted after the conference?! Did you really meet someone THAT handsome!? My goodness, I thought that only happened in movies...so where was I?!?!

Hannah Criss said...

That's what Grandma and Grandpa said, Em. =P

You must have been sitting up at the front, since it happened just as the last main session was over - I was one of the first people exiting the room, which made it kinda interesting since there were hundreds of people behind me. =)

Emily said...

Haha Susi!
So did you like, fall flat? Or simply swoon? =) Who caught you? ;)