Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Give Heed, My Son

Where is the man who would saddle his steed
And fight for the maiden with brave, valiant deed?
Where is the man who with dragon would fight,
And vanquish the foes with all of his might?
~
O, where is the is the man who for honor and pride,
Would battler the foe that he meets from inside;
who will dwell with that dragon that rages and reels
To consume the chaste valor true manliness yields?
~
Who can say to his bride as he bends to his knee,
"Precious gift for the Lord, I've kept myself for three:
I have fought and defeated the dragon within;
Through Christ I have kept my vile heart pure from sin"?
~
Our heart is deceitful and given to lust;
Our perception and strength we never can trust.
Cry to Jesus for help as you sink, soon to die,
Like Peter when tall waves had tempter his eye.
~
Like horses unbridled to mischief do run,
So will our hearts, if not conquered, my son.
Call to Jesus for strength to battle that foe,
For your heart if your enemy if you let it go.
~
To Jesus, to Jesus our hearts must be wed,
Or defile forever the sweet marriage bed.
Set your face toward to The City, and from pilgrim learn
That faith if the key: for Christ let your heart burn!
~Michael Bradrick

1 comment:

Krissy said...

WOW thats a really good one!