Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

On St. Patrick's day, Krista invited me over to help her with the cooking. I came at about eleven. Krista had already made the Irish Soda Bread and together, we made the Irish bears and creamy mints while Mrs. Van Cleve worked on the Corned Beef.


We took a break and went roller blading/biking.

When we were through, we headed for the Craft and Antique Show where Hannah and I played background music.
Krista was so sweet to treat us all to fudge!

After the Craft Fair, I headed back to the VCs, where we finished dinner preparations. The dinner consisted of corned beef, Irish soda bread, brussel sprouts, colcannon, and Irish cream sodas. Dessert was green bear cookies, chocolate chip mint ice cream, and creamy mints. It was all delicious! (Here is Krissy's cooking blog where you can get all those tasty recipes!)

Roy and Melissa (the Van Cleve's eldest son and daughter-in-law) and their three children came for dinner. I hadn't met their newest addition, Tayla, and it was fun seeing her!

Thank you so much for including me, Van Cleves! I had lots of fun!

3 comments:

Kris said...

It was fun to have you over! Since you helped with it the least we could do was have you eat it too! =P Besides I wanted you to see Tayla! ;)

Hannah Criss said...

=)

~Susi

Tori Short said...

What a lovely day! :)