Monday, February 13, 2012

Books and Our Room

(Sorry the picture is grainy. With the light from the window, I can't seem to get a good-colored picture. So if you really want to see how it looks, you'll have to come and visit us! =) When we were up in Lynden, Grandpa Bob (Mrs. Weese's father) gave us two of these heaters. Momma has one is her room and we claimed the other one. We love it! It's wonderful to curl up in front of it with a book (sometimes, it's a little tight, since lots of people like to sit up close =) and read for hours while totally spoiling ourselves. Thank you so much, Grandpa Bob! 
This bookshelf has been bothering me so quite some time. If you take one book off, the rest are like dominoes and go flying behind the bed. So, yesterday, I bought bookends. This is the before picture...

...And this is after! (You can tell that first picture was taken a while ago, as a lot of the books have been switched!  =) 

I've had some cheap bookends before that didn't hold the books up and my bookshelf ended up looking like a fan, but not so with these! They're nice and sturdy! 
While taking pictures of the new stuff in our room, I thought I'd show you a couple random photos of the room. This is the top of our bookshelf.
To the side of the bookshelf is this stack of Phil's books that can't fit with the rest of the books. We're working our way (slowly ;-) through this stack. 
The bookshelf. 
The color didn't turn out very nicely on this picture. =/

2 comments:

Krissy said...

That heater looks very cozy! What a nice addition, now your room will be toasty and warm.

I really want to get a shelf above my bed like that. We have a few of those bookends in my room, those are always handy!

Laura Earl said...

I *love* the 'fireplaces'!