Sunday, October 11, 2009

Gardening and Pressing Flowers

Today, Matthew and I went out to the garden and tore out the remaining plants: the zucchini, cucumber, and beets. (Sorry Sarah, we got only one full size beet. We'll have to remember that for next year!) There are still some peas left, and we'll wait for a little while before taking those out.

Matthew getting the last of the swiss chard.


Picking the "dud" beets. Most of them were about an inch long, but we did manage to get one or two the size of a golf ball.=) Just do not replant beets or radishes. They will not grow!

No more zucchini and cucumbers!








Reagsies had the time of her life! For the first time in months she was let in the garden!


Lydie and I picked some of her flowers that she had planted early this year so we could press them. She told me she was so excited beacause Kelsie presses flowers, too!




Smashing the flowers.

"My turn!"

3 comments:

Krissy said...

I press my flowers in big books too!

~Krissy~

Krissy said...

I like that picture of the flowers on the table!

~Krissy~

Hannah Criss said...

Thank you so much for the comments, Krissy! We had a lot fo fun with the flowers!

~Susi