Monday, January 25, 2010

Reading

Well, I need something to post to get to 100 posts.:-P


I have a stack about a foot tall under my bed of books to read, as well as all of Jon's Joel Salaton's books, and all our bookshelves full of great books! I decided to get a head start on all the reading, so right now I'm reading three books:


Martha's Husband by Blair Niles, written in 1951, is about the life of George Washington from his wife's, Martha's, point of view, and based on the letters that he wrote. It's very interesting, although it's not written from a Christian perspective.


You Can Farm by Joel Salaton. I just started reading this book yesterday, so I can't really write a review about it.


The Joy of Horses: A Beginner's Guide to Safe and Responsible Horsemanship by Joy Roberts, written in 1961 and reprinted in 1998. I recommend this book to all my horse crazy friends.:-) It's all about getting to know horses, the different breeds, colors of skin, hair, and the different markings, what to look for when buying a horse, what things you need when getting a horse (brushes, combs, hoof picks, halters, what kinds of feed buckets to get and not to get, etc.), how to take care of a horse (bathing, brushing, etc.), and much more! After reading the first few chapters, I came to the conclusion that horses are a lot of work, and cost a whole ton of money:-) (I still want a horse, though:-D)

~Susi

2 comments:

Jon Criss said...

I know what you mean, Susi, there's so much I want to read but so little time!

Krissy said...

Great SUSI!

I want to get a horse too! Today I looked for a horse saddle today! There's a black one that has some silver stars on it, that is really pretty! it comes with a breast collar, and a free pad for under the saddle! It is the cheapest one that I saw on that website! Unfortunatly it was 200.00$.
Of course it is a wonderful dream!

Krissy Joy.