Saturday, January 16, 2010

Roy Rogers

This past month, we three girls saw pretty much all the Roy Rogers movies. They all were a lot of fun!

Roy with his golden palomino, Trigger.




Roy Rogers’ Prayer

Roy Rogers and his wife, Dale Evans, were devoted Christians. Below is a prayer written by Roy.

Lord, I reckon I'm not much just by myself,
I fail to do a lot of things I ought to do.
But Lord, when trails are steep and passes high,
Help me ride it straight the whole way through.

And when in the falling dusk I get that final call,
I do not care how many flowers they send,
Above all else, the happiest trail would be,
For YOU to say to me, "Let's ride, My Friend."
Roy Rogers

While Roy was saying this prayer, his horse, Trigger, would close his eyes!


The King of the cowboys and the Queen of the west.


Roy Rogers and the Sons of the Pioneers

4 comments:

Krissy said...

Thats fun Susi! I like the pictures!

~Krissy Joy~

A Country Girl At Heart said...

LOVE the pictures! that is neat that they where christians! I have seen a few of them, I should get some from the library!

Matt B said...

Roy Rodgers has always been my favorite cowboy of all, next would be John Wane of course.

Jon Criss said...

My favorite cowboy too!