Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Young Underground Series by Robert Elmer

Several years ago, my cousin introduced these very interesting adventure books to us. My older siblings gobbled them up, but, I was a lot younger then, and when Hannah read them to me, I was rather bored. Recently, I decided to start reading with Matthew, and we read Adventures Down Under (also by Robert Elmer) and then we started reading The Young Underground series. Both Matthew and I were enthralled as we read A Way Through the Sea, Beyond the River, Into the Flames, Far From the Storm, A Light in the Castle, Follow the Star, and Touch the Sky.

The books are about twins Peter and Elise Anderson, two Danish children growing up in Occupied Denmark during World War Two. Each book is unique, exciting, and adventurous, as they unfold thrilling tales of the war, hiding a downed English pilot, working in the underground, being arrested in a Nazi prison, imprisoned on a renegade Nazi submarine, meeting the king of Denmark, and much much more!

These books are currently out of print, but they are available on Amazon and are at the Lynden library.

Also, some other great series by Robert Elmer are Adventures Down Under and Adventures in Zion.

1 comment:

Krissy said...

I really like that series!