Friday, February 18, 2011

Hello Everyone!

I thought I'd do a post about what I've been up to!

Well, I've been busy with a lot of school - math, teaching history and reading. I've found that I actually enjoy doing all three! I've been teaching Matthew, Joe, and Lydia history. We just passed Christopher Columbus.

I've also been busy with piano. A couple weeks ago, I did theory testing. Now I'm working toward adjudication. After that, the recital. I'm really enjoying piano and a candy bar for every 500 minutes of practice is a great way to get your students to practice.;-)

I've been working my way through the book "Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy: a Righteous Gentile vs. the Third Reich." I thought I knew a lot about Nazis, Hitler, etc., but, really I don't! Just reading this made me absolutely disgusted with Hitler and his Nazis. It's a great book, but it takes perseverance to read, since it's about two inches thick. I'm just barely scratching the half-way point.

What have you been up to?

5 comments:

bentogirl said...

Wow Susi, you have been busy! :) I love the pracitce 500 min. and get a candy bar idea! I love to pracitce piano and violin, so that helps too! :) I'm working on adjudications right now too. I can't wait for it to get here! I've been reading Rebel's Keep, by Douglas Bond, the only sad part is that that's book three, and I have yet to read book one, because the Library hasn't gotten it for me yet.......okay enough about me! That is a BIG book! I hope you enjoy it in a way! :)

Sarah said...

Fun to hear about what you've been up to these days! :-) Now Hannah needs to write a post similar!

A Country Girl At Heart said...

Susanna, you LIKE math!!!
I think you need to see a doctor...
:-)

Hannah Criss said...

Hey, I inherited it from Daddy! =)

~Susi

Krissy said...

I wish I liked math more. Then it would actually be fun! =)

How is revile coming along?

~Kris