Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Horse Riding!

A dream that has been dreamed for a long time finally came true with a phone call from Kris Monday afternoon.
"Hi Susi, Daddy talked Harvey, the man with the two horses next to Fresh Breeze, and he said that we could ride tonight at seven. You want to?"

Me, very surprised, "Well, sure, I need to as Momma. I'll call you back."

Momma's answer was call Daddy. I called him and, yes, I could go! I called Krista back and we both screamed in each other's ears.

Now, the search for proper clothes to wear riding. I didn't have any boots or a full enough skirt. I borrowed Joe's cowboy boots (a wee bit too big) and dug through the dirty clothes bag to find Laura's skirt.

All day long, I kept watching the clock while faithfully (not always!) sanding. Three more hours. Two hours and fifty minutes. Finally Krista called, saying that they were just about to leave to pick me up!

The whole ride, we reminded ourselves of what we had learned at the few riding lessons we had had. (I've only had about three riding lessons and don't know very much about riding. Krista knew what she was doing! =)

I don't want to take away what Krista wrote in her post. =) I'll just tell my side of the story. =) I seemed to have forgotten the little that I knew about riding and didn't attempt anything more than a trot, though the horse I rode, Hunter, broke into a lope once or twice. Although sometimes, it was a smite embarrassing, I really enjoyed it and hope to do it again sometime!

On the way back to the Van Cleve's house, Mr. VC treated us to ice cream at Dairy Queen! When we got to the house, we watched a couple Robin Hood episodes.

I'm a little sore today, but it was definitely worth it! Thank you so much, Kris, for the great day!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Howdy Pardner Susi,

It was lots of fun to be able to ride horses with you before you left. Thanks for coming with me!

I love your long post!

Hugs,
Krissy <3

Hannah Criss said...

Thank you for inviting me to go with you!

Thanks! =)