Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Viking Quest


A couple months back, Krista told me about the series Viking Quest series by Lois Walfrid Johnson. I got the books from the library and loved them! They were at the top of my wish list and Hannah bought them for me for Christmas. The other day, I started reading them to Matthew and now he loves them!

In one harrowing day, Viking raiders capture Bree and her brother Devin and take them from their home in Ireland. After Mikkel, the young Viking prince, sets Devin free on the Irish coast far from home, Bree and Devin embark on separate journeys to courage. Readers will be captivated by the unfolding drama as Bree sails to Norway on the Viking ship and as Devin travels the dangerous road home. Historical focus on 10th century Ireland and Norway makes Viking Quest a great learning tool for homeschool and Christian school classrooms. Series will include Leif ErikssonĂ­s voyage to America. Series teaches that if we ask God for help, He is with us in whatever we face. Strong male and female characters practice biblical values despite dangerous situations and the opposition of a pagan religion. Stories and characters will appeal to tween girls and boys. Perfect for family read-aloud times

2 comments:

Krissy said...

I loved it that Lois Walfred Johnson not only had them pray for help when they were in a tough spot, but they also prayed when it wasn't a tough spot. If you know what I mean. =) I am, glad you enjoyed them! They are on the top of my list too!

~Kris

Hannah Criss said...

I know what you mean Krissy.=) I really appreciate that, too.

~Susi