Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Books, Books, and More Books...

I have stacks upon stacks upon stacks of books on my reading list, but I've limited myself to reading only six books at a time, although sometimes a seventh sneaks in. At all times, I must always be reading my Bible, a Joel Salaton book, one of my books that needs to be read before it enters my hope chest, a biography, a book that Matthew and I read together, and a pleasure book - no more no less. But there are just way too many pleasure books that are prowling around waiting for me to read them.

For my Joel Salaton book, I'm reading Salad Bar Beef on all the ins and outs of raising beef. I've read about eight chapters, but I'm so bad at keeping up with that book I only read it about once or twice a week.

The needs-to-be-read-in-order-to-go-in-hope-chest book is Robinson Crusoe. I've only read the first three chapters - it hasn't quite sparked my interest yet.

I'm working my way through the Christian Heroes: Then and Now YWAM series. I just finished a book on Rachel Saint, and I don't remember whom the next book is about - I haven't started reading that one yet. I really like the style in which the authors of these book uses. It's not the dull life year in and year out of a boring spinster who went to China, but rather a personal account, written in story form.

Freedom Trap, from the Promise of Zion series by Robert Elmer, is the book that Matthew and I are reading together. We're about halfway through, but with all the hectic wedding planning going on, we haven't been reading too much lately.


My pleasure book is Beric the Briton by G. A. Henty. I think I've read about a grand total of seven chapters (the chapter are so long I never have time read a whole one at one time...well, I should say, the book looses my interest far too quickly.=)
The latest prowling pleasure books have been Happy Trail (I posted about that one), and a Pat McManus book(I'm not sure how his name is spelled.) While waiting to watch a movie in Jon and Phil's room Sunday night, I picked the book up, and have been reading it ever since. (I finished it this morning.)
What books are you reading?

4 comments:

Jon Criss said...

That's a lot of reading! I bet you're learning lots.

You'll make a good farmer's wife someday with all the farming books you're reading. :)

Hannah Criss said...

Oh, Jon! That gives me hope! So I'm not spending all my precious hours reading stuff that is only a "brain-stuffer."=)

~Susi

Krissy said...

Susi,

I am on book 6 of Promise of Zion Series, they are too interesting! I havn't read them in so long that I don't remember what will happen next! I suppose that is a good thing! :-P

Beric the Briton is really interesting! I like to read a chapter at a time, even though they are long, I just can't put it down...Some of the GA Henty's are a little boring.

My book list has also reduced, since I have finished some. The ones I am reading now are...

Unlocking the Mysterys of Creation.
The Fruit and Veggie Gardener's Year.
Captain John Smith.
And True Betrayer, Robert Elmer.

After I am done reading True Betrayer (my pleasure book) I will probably go to G.A. Henty again! :-P

Hope to see you Friday or Saterday!

Love and Hugs Busenfreund,
Krissy Joy

Emily said...

Oh, I LOVED Robinson Crusoe when I read it! I hope you'll like it more as you get into it. I have a antique copy of it in my hopechest too! Looks like you're doing lots of good readin'! Keep it up!
Emily