Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy Trails


A little while ago, our dear friend Emily Clark gave us girls Happy Trails: The Story of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. We were very excited to start reading, but, as Hannah would say, it's unethical to start reading another book when you're already loaded down with five other books. But a couple nights ago, I finally picked it up and started reading. And I couldn't put it down! I read with a flashlight until 2:30 that night, and then read it all the next day, and finished it yesterday morning. The book, by Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, with Carlton Stowers, is written in three parts: part one: King of the Cowboys written by Roy; part two: Queen of the West written by Dale; and part three: Partners with both Roy and Dale writing. I've read a book by Dale telling her story, so I knew most of what was said about her, but I did learn a lot I didn't know about Roy. One particular thing that stood out to me was, in part one, King of the Cowboys, as Roy was writing, he didn't say anything about being so famous. When Carlton Stowers would write sections, he said that there were more fan clubs in the United States and even in others countries than any other celebrity in American history. I better not say any more if you're all going to go out and read this book.=) Thank you so much, Em! I've really enjoyed this book and I know Hannah is, too!

1 comment:

Krissy said...

From what I have heard and seen of that book, it is pretty interesting!!! I want to get one and read it for myself! hehe :-D

Your Busenfreund,
Krissy Joy