Saturday, June 5, 2010

Take Up Your Cross

Verse One
My child, if you would follow
You must really count the cost
For in giving of yourself, I'll make you free
And in taking of my new life, you old like will be lost
Come along, take up your cross, follow me.

Chorus
Take up you and follow me
My burden is light and easy
Put on my yoke and learn of me
Take up your cross and follow me.

Verse Two
You may have a humbling weakness
I will give for you to bear
It is only that I want for you to see
That in your small affliction, My strength is always there
Follow on, do My work, trust in Me.

Chorus

Verse Three
I'll go with you, I will love you
I will lead you I will stay
No matter what your trial on earth may be
Just remember that the sufferings of this present day
Cannot compare with the glory that will be.

Chorus

From In His Name, Bluegrass Brethren

2 comments:

Krissy said...

I think I know that one...

Hannah Criss said...

I can't begin to imagine where you might have heard it.=P

~Susi