Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's time to watch a movie...

This is a normal scenario at our house come time to watch a movie.

8:00:

Hannah- "I want to see a movie tonight."

Susanna - "Ok. That sounds like fun. What do you want to see?"

Hannah - "What movie stands out in your mind?"

S - "Hmmm... To Hell and Back."

H - "No, too dramatic for a week day. Big Trail sounds really fun."

S - "No, we always see that one."

H - "We've only seen it twice."

S - "Roy Rogers?"

A evil glare fires from Laura's eyes. (not because she doesn't like Roy Rogers. But because the four oldest have worn all the RR movies to a frazzle watching them so many times.)

H - "Young John Wayne?"

S - "Those are boring. And old John Wayne are too long."

L - "Well, you better pick one out quickly so we can get to bed at a decent hour."

H - "Uhhhh... well, we could watch Daniel Boone."

S - "We've seen all the ones we have."

Rebekah, coming in on the conversation - "Let's watch a dramatic war movie."

H - "Too long, and too dramatic for a week day. I still think we should watch Big Trail."

R - "No!"

S - "Why can't we watch a long war movie? Who cares what time we go to bed?"

H - "We can watch Buster Crabb."

S - "No! He's a lazy cowboy!"

H - "But he always comes when duty calls!"

S - "Let's watch something more substantial."

H - "That brings us back to the subject of Big Trail."

L - "Why don't we watch something girlie? Like Emma!"

S - "I'm not in the mood for that kind of movie."

R - "You always want to see that one. Let's watch a funny war movie."

H - "Something more serious, like Pendragon."

S - "We just saw that."

R - "Can we see Objective Burma or Desperate Journey?"

L - "Iron Will."

R - "We've seen that as many times as you've seen Roy Rogers."

L - "How about we see The Young Pioneers with the children?"

S - "We've seen it too many times."

H - "I still think we should watch Big Trail. Think about how dramatic it is! The wagons towering over the cliff, some crashing to the bottom. And remember the snow storm where he nearly gets killed. And they dance the Virginia Reel!"

"All right." The girls all sigh.

By now, it's 9:00.

L - "I have to check my email. Just a sec."

Ten minutes later.

L - "I have to check the blogs to make sure no one is being married or buried." Pause."Look! Ashley posted!"

S - "Come on Laura! It's all set up!"

L - "I have to read this first."

S - "Well, can I check my email when you're done?"

Twenty minutes later. 9:45. Everyone is in the room.

R - "I have to make some tea."

30 minutes later.

S - "I have to go to the bathroom now!"

5 minutes later.

H - "Can we put a fan in the window? It's so hot up here I'm going to die!"

R - "While you do that, I'll make you a chocolate shake."

30 minutes later. 10:50.

L -"Ok, is everyone here?"

S - "Laura. It's almost eleven. And tomorrow's church. I think we should go to bed. I'll go to the bathroom while we decide what to do."

Ten minutes later. All girls are in bed. No movie will be watched tonight.

5 comments:

Krissy said...

hehe, that's funny!

Jon Criss said...

too true...

Bryan said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading about it! Good night.

MJW

Emily said...

That's hilarious, great posting girl! So what time did you drag yourselves out of bed? Not telling when I got up this morning. My
furry alarm clock overslept. (Eloise :)

Hannah Criss said...

Ummm... After nine, I think.=)

~Susi