Sunday, January 22, 2012

Random Stuff (I know. So creative)

This weekend, we're watching Gracie while Sarah and Stephen are on their trip! She's such a cute, fun, sweet, adorable baby and we've been having boatloads of fun with her! It's fun watching her grow up - she's now eating more foods like meat, (gluten-free) breads, and un-mashed bananas and peas. =) She can really get around on all fours - it's dangerous to take your eyes off her! She loves to sit on the piano bench and play the piano. She loves music and swings and claps her hands to it. She likes watching the cats, being thrown in the air, tickled, having songs sung and books read to her, likes chewing everything and puts everything into her mouth. When she's finished eating, she'll either shake her head "no more food", or do the sign language "all done".

Yesterday, due to the weather, our power went out! Since it was getting rather cold in this house and we were going to pick up Gracie that day, Hensie and I went to S&S's and watched Gracie their until our electricity came back on.

Today, after lunch, we all went sledding by the school. The hill we found isn't very steep, but is still fun. It's kind of a semi circle surrounded by school buses, so if you don't turn just right, you'll end up smashed into one of those yellow things. We stacked three people on one sled and tried several times to fly down the course without losing the top people. After a couple tries, we did it. (The people on top are screaming at the person controlling the sled "turn! TURN! Watch out for that bus!") When we came back from sledding, we had hot cocoa with whipping cream, then played all twelve rounds of Scatagories.

4 comments:

Laura Earl said...

Really quite fun :-)

Kris said...

That reminds me of the times we would sled down behind "Lynden Lions School". We always stacked up the whole family on one sled and hung on! And then there was that time when we went of that HUGE jump. ;-) Fun memories!

Katlin Nicole said...

I haven't been on here in a long time so I was very glad to read this post. It helps me catch up. I'll have to start reading your blog again.

We did some sledding too. Not having much more than a mediocre hill ourselves I bargained with my younger-but-taller brother that if he would pull me then I would pull him. I forgot that he was bigger than me when I said that. Goodness, was he heavy! Then I caught him digging his elbows into the snow. Not Funny. Yes, I made him walk back up the hill on his own two feet. Whose else's?

Hannah Criss said...

Kris, yes, that was such fun! Not that jump...it busted my back so I lay in traction for a month...Jk. =P

Kay, glad you back to checking and commenting! =) It's hard enough running back up the hill loaded down with 25 pounds of winter clothes! =) I made my younger (but, bigger! ;-) brother pull me back up the hill once because he knocked me off the sled on the way down. =D Fun memories!