Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Stuff

Now that Christmas is over, I've started up my school again. I haven't been enjoying it since I've forgotten everything I learned and had to relearn it (to a small degree. =P). But, I'm glad to be back to the books. Science has been really interesting...I'm loving Ken Ham's "New Answer in Genesis" books!

Around Christmas, I was too busy to read all my books, and so after Christmas, reading started up again, too. I finished one thick WWII book and started another (thin one ;-) about Eisenhower. Since Christmas, I've also read "Star of Light" (by Patricia M. St. John. She is an amazing author and even though her stories are written for an 8-13 age group, I love her books!) a short book about Robert E. Lee, and I've started "Treasures of the Snow", also by Patricia St. John.

Today, Gracie has been here all afternoon. The poor thing has a bad cold, but still smiles and giggles, and makes funny faces that make the rest of us laugh.

Jon sent us a movie of Betty Jean and we are dying to see that li'l lady! Can't wait 'till they are able to come and visit us!

Matthew has been wearing Phil's old shirts, and so whenever he passes by, I have to look twice.

As a closing note, I'd like to share one of my New Years resolutions - That next New Years Eve, when I look back over the year, I won't be disappointed at any of my decisions or how I lived 2012.

5 comments:

Krissy said...

You are keeping yourself busy Susan, good job!

Our school has started up again too. We've been really busy with that, so I haven't been posting on my blog as much. But I'm glad to be back on a schedule of sorts! =P

bentogirl said...

I loved reading Patricia's books! Did you know there is a movie for the book Treasures of the Snow? It's pretty good! =)

I made a new year's resolution also. To keep track of every single book that I have read in 2012! I'm really excited to see how many books I'll read in a year! =P

Hannah Criss said...

Yes, we have that movie, Lexi! I should keep track of all the books I read, too! =)

Laura Earl said...

I know, I've been having to double-take Matthew in Phil's shirts too! They also smell like Phil's deodorant :-P

Victoria said...

'Treasures of the Snow' is a good book!